Manage Your Own Money – Don’t Invest It
Become a Self-Directed Wealth Builder –
Grow and Protect your Wealth through Diversifying Your Trading Style and Method – The Path to Market Independence
Most traditional methods used in the financial services industry to structure your finances center around diversifying your portfolio among various asset classes. You’re told that this procedure is to manage risk, but, as diversification continues, your portfolio ends up closely resembling “the Market” you’re following and, of course, exposes you to the huge risk associated with depending on the traditional view of investing and all the risks the world can produce that affect the financial markets.
When you INVEST your money, you put your financial destiny in the hands of forces beyond your control: the investment vehicle you chose, its management, and, of course, The Market.
Part of the problem is not paying attention to your own wealth and relegating its management to the financial services industry made up of major brokerages and financial advisors of all sorts. No one cares about your money as much as you do; so, leaving it in the hands of people that have other priorities (their own) leaves you vulnerable to their version of proper wealth management. This leads right back to the other part of the problem: Market Risk.
To overcome these roadblocks to your financial well-being, I created The Diversified Trader to give you the foundation for answering the question: Why should you manage your own money?
You need to know that managing your money is right for you, and then the How will come when you have the answer. The best way to start answering the question is by…
… CHANGING YOUR MINDSET
To become a self-directed wealth builder, the problems with the financial services industry need to disappear and be replaced by your commitment to manage your own money. You don’t have to become a “trader” to reap the benefit of having control over your financial future; you need the framework to build a Wealth Building Plan and have the tools to fulfill all your goals.
A good part of my mission here at The Diversified Trader is to change your mindset about how you can Create Income, Grow Your Account, and Build Lasting Wealth.
Your education, as you develop your Wealth Building Plan right here with The Diversified Trader, will produce that new mindset. The experience you’ll gain creating your Plan and being able to fulfill all of your goals will last you a lifetime. For a quick rundown on how I envision all this happening, see how You Really Can Manage Your Own Money. With your new mindset, controlling your financial well-being begins with the realization that it can be done. By being independent of the Market forces that would otherwise determine your financial future, you can now establish the foundation for creating and managing your wealth.
Take Advantage of the Market, Don’t Depend on It.
Using the fluctuations in well-chosen markets over time to be the engine that runs your Wealth Building Plan gives you the ability to control the outcome and achieve the consistency to compound your growth curve.
Working with experts specifically selected for their expertise in the different Methods you’ll need to fulfill your plan completes the management cycle that puts you in control of your financial future.
The expertise is out there for any Method of trading you need, and, given the many obstacles the individual has to overcome, managing the trading services you use makes much more sense than trying to become a professional trader, when all you want to do is build your wealth with a high degree of certainty. The tools you have here will help you manage the different trading Styles in the Wealth Building Plan you’ve developed, and concentrating on working with experts in each trading Method you use will greatly enhance your success in achieving your wealth building goals.
You’ll answer the all-important question: What to Trade When?
Managing or creating your wealth this way allows you to spread your effort over different Styles and Methods to take full advantage of market fluctuations — which is the essence of Short-Term Trading for Long-Term Growth.
The way you do this, I’ve found, is to take an active role in the management of your wealth and concentrate your efforts on using different Methods of trading for various parts of your portfolio. No matter how much trading experience you have, this will shorten your learning curve to becoming effective at managing your wealth. By diversifying trading Methods and trading with unique programs, managed by seasoned veterans, you gain leverage by multiplying your efforts and enhance your risk management by using multiple systems run by completely different trading cultures – all trying to maximize gains and minimize risk.
Your job, then, is to manage the different parts of your Wealth Building Plan. You don’t have to become a trader and try to find and execute every trade in every part of the plan. Learn from and use the experts in your chosen Methods; you will become a better manager and will definitely be able to grow your wealth for the long-term. Get involved in the process and have those experts be a part of making you become an independent manager of your own wealth.
Let The Diversified Trader cut through the clutter that makes up the trading and investing world and guide you through the process of growing and managing your wealth, even though you might not have any yet, by defining the framework and helping you find the path that’s right for you.
In my years of being in the retail trading and investing marketplace, one major concept kept recurring in all the trial and error research I did: There are a lot of education and trading services available in specific areas but none in the area of “putting it all together”. I never knew if I was in the right place at the right time or not. Good advice, I kept hearing, was to get very good at one trading system and keep doing it. But for how long? Markets change their character and any particular system loses its effectiveness over time. And, so it went. What I found was:
- No “one” trading program, system, or advisory will work for everyone and may end up not working for you and waste time and money. It was frustrating to find a program wasn’t working for me after I’d spent time and money developing what I thought was going to be a winning strategy. What do you do then?
- Nobody is the same nor will succeed in the same way as somebody else – one person can do very well with a system or program and another will fail. I always wondered about all the testimonials and have come to the conclusion that you can’t judge your success at anything based on what someone else has done – there are too many variables.
- Trying to find the right trading or investing program in the maze of choices, with the surrounding hype, becomes next to impossible without a lifetime of experience – then it’s too late. As I’ve mentioned, no one system will solve all your management needs, but people still try to find that one program that will finally make them a success – they end up running from one promotion to another and never finding their dream. As we all know, chasing rainbows never gets you to the pot of gold.
- For the individual wealth builder, the advantages of using expertise that’s already in the marketplace cannot be overstated. The amount of information someone needs to successfully trade in today’s markets is too overwhelming for the individual to manage alone. Finding the right education and trading services became the challenge.
- Becoming a professional trader can be done with a lot of education, experience, and dedication but not nearly as quickly as the hype in the marketplace leads you to believe. The learning curve is much longer than anyone realizes, and trading professionally is a full-time occupation, not suited for the individual wealth builder.
- Maybe, trying to find the right path to trading success is part of the reason why the failure rate among those who try is somewhere around 90-95%. A major part of my mission in creating The Diversified Trader is to help eliminate that problem.
Use the Framework of Trading Methods to Develop Your Wealth Building Plan –
SOLVING THE PROBLEMS
My overriding answers to these problems and challenges discussed in the last section are to know the Trading Methods you can use, know your capabilities and limitations, and develop a Diversified Wealth Building Plan based on that knowledge, and then use the education and trading services that will fulfill the goals of your Plan.
Starting your education with The Diversified Trader will develop the mindset you need and guide you to building your Wealth Building Plan. Your Trading Partners will make your plan work and put you on the path to controlling your financial future.
- Major keys to making this all work is to focus on the Methods you’re going to use in your Wealth Building Plan and then managing those education and trading services that will become so important to your success.
- As you build out your Wealth Building Plan, another key is to Diversify your Methods – using different education and trading services, where it makes sense, to expand your trading knowledge and, over the long-term, Manage Your Risk.
- I’ve never found a way to give my money to someone and have them manage it for my success; so, another key is to Be Involved and learn how to manage your own financial well-being.
“Putting It All Together” with The Diversified Trader – The Advantages of Discipline
In creating The Diversified Trader, I wanted to “level the playing field” for the individual wealth builder who is at a distinct disadvantage in the marketplace dominated by hedge funds, mutual funds, the international banking system, high frequency trading, and other institutional trading programs.
In the retail marketplace, even finding the playing field is an exercise in futility.
The blizzard of choices, from the offerings of the financial services industry to the never-ending supply of trading systems and education, make building a coherent wealth building plan beyond confusing. From the beginning wealth builder to those who have had financial success and want to see that wealth grow, the individual can’t begin to cover all the fundamental and technical research and education needed to successfully manage their wealth.
Individual wealth builders shouldn’t have to be restricted by how many systems they can learn and implement on their own.
A lot of people have made their money way outside the financial arena and find themselves having to choose between the financial services industry and trading on their own, neither of which make for stellar returns and expose the individual to unnecessary market and trading risk. People looking for the right answer have a huge uphill battle finding just the right program that will get them to their goals.
My philosophy for “leveling the playing field” is to find those who do something very well and use their expertise to manage specific parts of your overall Wealth Building Plan.
Don’t rely on someone else to manage your wealth, and don’t blindly pick one program hoping it’ll work. Manage the pieces to grow the whole and never be at the mercy of the “market”.
I learned that lesson when looking for that one perfect answer for generating wealth and, after much trial and error, finding it didn’t exist. Everything I learned since that time came from multiple sources and the long process of learning what works and what doesn’t. Have a look at The Rest of My Mission to get more of an idea as to where I’m going with The Diversified Trader.
Considering my mission and philosophy, the next question I had to answer was: What is the best way to put my mission into action? I decided that was to develop a resource for everybody to use to find their way to managing their financial well-being by showing them the best way to get there. The primary objectives I’ve built into The Diversified Trader, to show you the best path to wealth building success, are to:
- Create a framework to show what’s available in the marketplace and sort through the array of trading Methods to define the parameters, so you can navigate the trading landscape with confidence.
- Provide guidance through various trading plans to lead you in the right direction to meet your wealth management objectives. See Planning Basics for more.
- Do the research to qualify the best education and trading services and develop Trading Partners to meet the needs of your Wealth Building Plan in every major Method available. See Your Trading Partners for more.
- Give you peace of mind knowing you have all the bases covered without having to wonder how a particular trading system or service fits into your overall plan.
- Help you develop into a well-diversified, independent wealth builder and provide a platform where you can:
– Find Your Direction and Develop Your Goals.
– Build Your Wealth Building Plan.
– Control the Education and Trading Services tailor-made for Your Plan.
This is the time to start growing and protecting your wealth – with discipline. Consistency is what we’re looking for, not trying to pick stocks for the big home runs by trying to find the next Facebook or Apple, which, by the nature of the process, is like betting on a number on a roulette wheel in Las Vegas. Individual wealth builders aren’t in a position to pick winners and losers and are at risk of being at the mercy of market forces beyond their control.
The way you, the individual, take control of the market is to “trade” the market fluctuations for long-term growth, not depend on the market for growth.
Getting an overview of where you’re going by reading Education – The Path to Independent Wealth Management will lead you to understand the importance of discipline in developing your Wealth Building Plan and succeeding in your financial goals.
If you’re not already in the loop, The Diversified Trader – An Overview lays out the framework for your wealth building journey and the best path to your financial well-being. This process will force you to plan your financial future with discipline and set the stage for consistent growth.
So, when you’re starting to really focus on growing your wealth, discipline in the planning stages and in putting those plans into action will lead to that consistency you want in your wealth building results.
Before that happens, though, you’ll have to establish: What is your experience level in the marketplace, how will your personal situation influence your direction, and what are your goals as you start your journey? These are all questions that you’ll be answering as you determine where you are by taking the next step in your journey with the help of Planning Basics.
Look at All The Possibilities
To Your New Mindset,
Your Research & Development Coordinator